PC Software for updating firmware through RS232 serial interface (mth-2500, 2700, 3500, MRSi, MRTi, UP-PH-II, etc...)
- the actual firmware in the printer MUST embedded a serial bootloader bootstrap
- A serial RS232 cable is needed to connect the printer to a PC computer on a Serial Comport
- Unzip the compressed file on a Windows computer and run the software AndigSerialBoot.exe.
- In "Program-> Settings", set the COM port and baudrate for the bootloader transfer (tested until 115200 Baud) and only check "Flash Memory Program"
- Click on the STOP Red button (Pause / Reset Application Firmware)
- Connect the printer to the PC and power it ON. Note: You should not hear the print head to start, this is normal
- Click the Tools button (Bootloader mode), the printer must be detected (at the bottom of window a PIC18F67J50 appears with the message "Bootloader Fimrware v#.##". If the message "Bootloader not found" appears, that's the configuration is not good, verify everything and start again since the beginning.
- Load the new firmware (with extension .hex) with the "File->Open" menu
- Start the firmware programmation with the button "Write device"
- When the programmation is completed, you can click on the "Green Light" button (Run application firmware)
Note: This software uses a Com port, so it can't be used at the same time with another software like a "Terminal" on the same Com port.